Senior Support Engineer
2014 - 2016
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and new feature development for a dozen production client websites, as well as the supervision and mentorship of junior engineer staff and support contractors.
- Front and backend work including responsive theming, custom WYSIWYG elements, custom modules.
- Responsible for streamlining and maintaining the development and deployment workflows across mixed hosting platforms (Pantheon, Acquia, Black Mesh, Heroku, bare metal) and site build methodologies.
- Responsible for a wide variety of technology, including Drupal 6/7/8, bespoke node.js applications, SaaS front-end frameworks, and Solr search instances.
University of Texas Libraries
2012 - 2014
Technology Integration Services
- Lead developer for all public facing library websites. Responsible for maintaining the flagship Drupal website, a 20 site Wordpress installation, and dozens of HTML websites averaging 1,000,000+ combined monthly views.
- Successfully migrated the flagship library website to Drupal 7 while guiding the adoption of critical technologies and standards, including responsive design patterns and a GitHub development and deployment workflow.
- Prototype development of physically interactive library elements including digital signage, a study space availability system and an arcade-style Tetris console using a custom control interface.
2011 - 2012
Institute for Public School Initiatives
- Responsible for the visual consistency in our products through Adobe Photoshop master compositions and CSS styling, now deployed in schools across Texas.
- Recorded and edited video and audio elements for multimedia components and launched an in-house video hosting solution complete with accessibility features.
2009 - 2011
Texas Student Media
- Converted five student media properties to cloud hosted Drupal and Wordpress websites with an in-house advertising platform and in-house video hosting platform to reduce reliance on external partners and increase overall revenue.Provided strategic planning for the web and social media presences of the media properties to the student managers of the media properties.
- Supervised and trained a team of student web developers.
Microcomputer Applications Specialist
2007 - 2009
Dept of Germanic Studies
- Administered a broad desktop support program for the department’s 60 faculty and graduate students, providing assistance for equipment from typewriters to smartphones to workstations.
- Built and maintained the department PC / Mac computer lab, including printers and copiers.
- Technology procurement for the department and grant funded department technical projects.
Operations Manager / Training Coordinator
teleNetwork Partners LLP
2002 - 2007
- Supervised a team of 25, including quality assurance monitoring and ongoing training.
- Managed the daily operations of the call center on a rotating basis, supervising 200+ employees at peak hours.
- Created training materials and administered training for new hires and existing employees with weekly classes of 10-20 students.